January 28, 2022
Highlights of VAT Public Clarification 024 – Adjustment on Account of Bad Debt Relief
Conditions to claim benefit
- VAT should have been accounted for and paid on the supply.
- Consideration for the supply should have been written off.
- More than 6 months should have been passed from the date of supply.
- Notification for consideration for the supply which has been written off.
- The notification can be sent via a letter, email, post, or any other similar communication. An acknowledgement of receipt of notification from the customer is not necessary for the supplier to receive before taking the bad debt adjustment, however, a supplier needs to evidence documentation and/or that best measures were taken to notify the customer.
Kudos PRS operates in UAE since 2009 and Our Chartered accountant services offer Audit & Assurance services, Accounting services, Taxation and Management Consultancy, VAT and TAX Advisory, Financial Audits and book keeping Services, Business and management consultancy Services.