The UAE government introduced excise tax on carbonated drinks, tobacco products and energy drinks in 2017 and has decided to charge the same on e-cigarettes, e-liquids, and sweetened drinks.
Excise tax is levied on specific goods with the purpose of reducing consumption of such commodities that are harmful to human health or the environment. The taxation raises government revenues that can be used for public services.
Kudos PRS can help you with the following services:
- Registration and De-registration for Excise Tax in UAE.
- Advisory services with regards to your requirement or lack thereof for Excise tax on a product and its rate if applicable.
- Clarification on excise tax applicability during importation of goods and services in U.A.E. mainland from a designated region.
- Ongoing Excise duty return filing and compliance services.
- Tax Agency services.
- Timely update of various amendments in Excise tax as per FTA.
- Computation of stock and excise tax due in case of stockpiling.